Thursday, April 3, 2008

Log Stacking Memories






































I was just thinking today of how amazing it is on how the log cabin has come together. It is logs stacked together! It sounds so simple but yet when you see the crew up in the boom truck lowering the logs when snow is blowing in their face, making sure the log beams are spaced apart evenly, fastening each log, etc. - then you realize what skill it takes to build a log cabin. The building conditions were not ideal either- it was a cold, snowy winter in Gaylord. Often times they would have to shovel snow out of the cabin before they could go back to stacking logs. I took advantage of their outdoor bonfire many times when I came to check on their progress. And now as spring is upon us and I'm looking at my perfectly stacked logs, I am aware of what true craftsmanship is involved with our log cabin. (Shout out to the construction crew! I think I owe them some beers too...)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

How wonderful to see such progress on your cabin. I love the picture of the bonfire!

reliv4life said...

beers are always a welcome treat!! Cool to see the progress!! congrats!!!

Lisa said...

i keep looking at this - its fascinating - we don't have wooden buildings in my country so...

:-)