Friday, March 13, 2009
Hoping we find some signs of spring at the log cabin this weekend. This photo is is from a little cove area in our lake and is a hot spot for turtles and frogs. I just want to see the color green again!
P.S. Do you think the above photo would make a good greeting card in my nature store?
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I've got some big plans for the log cabin this weekend....
First that deer head... (snicker, snicker)
We'll do a little birdwatching. If these redpolls are still around, then we're in for a longer winter!
We'll be on the lookout for wildlife.
We are also going to start mapping out our landscape plans. I have visions of flowers, some spruce trees and perhaps a couple blackberry bushes.
**On a side note, I wanted to share some Blogger Tips. Especially since the blogs using "Embedded Comments" may not be aware of all the problems with this function. Some of you may want to skip this part, but I wanted to share because I had people help me before.
- If you have the "embedded comment" set up on your blog (whereby your comment form is right on your blog front page), CHANGE it in your settings! People from other blogs types have a hard time commenting and sometimes can't comment at all. Also - google blogger has been misfunctioning w/ this set up and has several times in the past. Last night there were several blogs I could not leave comments on - this may be you! Go to settings, click on comments and change to "full page."
- If you haven't already, add the "Followers Gadget" to your blog. This makes it easier for people to sign up and keep track of your new posts.
- Do you want to highlight a word and have a hyperlink to another page? Then use your mouse to highlight that particular word, and then click on the symbol that looks like a chain above. A box will pop up where you can paste the URL you want to link to. Be careful that http:// is not in there TWICE.
- Want to make your photos bigger on your blog post? If you don't have Picasa on your computer, you can use Flickr for free. http://www.flickr.com/ .
Hope this helps!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
This is what northern Michigan is like.
I think I need more pillows....
P.S. A couple neat things going on in Bloggy Land!
- Hot Belly Mama is celebrating her 30th birthday by giving away a Bumgenius diaper along with Charli's soap. Please click here to enter.
- Darla at Family & Flowers is having a soy candle giveaway. Please click here!
- Charli & Me has info on "Poem in your Pocket Day" if you would like participate!
- American Way Farm has posted one of the funniest stories I have ever read about a rooster! (Warning - it's a little on the dark side!)
Monday, March 9, 2009
I've had a few people tell me it's too early to decorate for Easter yet. (I won't mention names but he's the one who's responsible for the deer head hanging in our log cabin that watches my every move!) In the guest room I added this sweet little bunny and an easter egg candle on the table. I have more things to add but I'm restraining myself for another week. Then I am putting out my Easter Egg Tree, my little bunnies on top of the fireplace...oh the Easter decorating possibilites are endless! Now this person is saying the guest room is starting to look too chicky. Hmm.....I don't think I'll tell him what I have planned for the rest of the cabin yet. It might include some bunny ears for his deer head.
P.S. The Michigan Audubon Conference went well - thought I would be nervous speaking but it turns out I like to talk alot! Go figure!! One funny story - I was in a presentation on the Loons (which you know is my favorite bird) and a guy behind me kept falling asleep and snoring and belching throughout it! I mean c'mon! They're talking about Loons buddy! This is fascinating stuff!!