Friday, March 21, 2008

Cabin Kitchen Updates















The kitchen is about 90% complete. The laminate top was installed. My rustic custom cabinet doors were also installed. They have dark bronze knobs and hinges. The builder miscalculated on the size of 3 bottom cupboards so that will be finished up next week. I asked about making the cabinets a little darker but was told they should darken and get more golden over time. So I'll wait and see how much patience I have....
The next items are the dining table and all the kitchen appliances. As you can see, the only appliance I have right now is the microwave. Money is going out the door fast! (I write this with a smile - it's still worth it!)

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I love how the kitchen is all open to the rest of the cabin. Looks wonderful!!

Lolosblog said...

I love the openness of the kitchen. What wonderful meals will be prepared here. It is looking better with every post.

Sandy said...

Great job on the kitchen, love the rustic cabinetry.

Sandy said...

Shelley, I forgot to mention that I worked in custom cabinetry and kitchen design for 9 years....I know kitchens. Can't wait to see the bar stools you pick out :) :)

reliv4life said...

Just Beautiful! As the wood ages, it will add a nice contrast and not blend in as much. I can hardly wait for each update!! Lovely!

reliv4life said...

Hey, Cabinhaus has a new blog and it is GREAT! she has old pics of them constructing thier log house. She said she was having trouble commenting on your blog and asked me to pass it along... http://www.loggingintorusticliving.blogspot.com/
you are gonna love it!

Camerin C said...

You commented on my blog post on the history of log cabins and I followed the link to your blog. Your cabin is beautiful and I know that area of Northern Michigan very well. It is probably one of my favorite places because of the peace and serenity. My future husband and I share the same dream as your husband...to have a cabin in the woods some day. Very cool to say the least!

Shelley said...

Hi Sandy,
What kind of bar stools would you recommend?? I was thinking of a darker wood. Thank you! :-)
Shelley

Thank you Jessica, Brandi, Reliv and Camerin for the positive feedback! S.

violetlady said...

You will have so many wonderful hours in your rustic kitchen. I can smell big pots of soup simmering as everyone tramps in after a brisk walk. Everything looks lovely.

Shelley said...

Thank you Violet Lady! I'm already on the hunt for some good recipes to cook up in the log cabin!
Shell