Well....the hubby encountered a little problem while we were trying to stain the bedrooms. First the logs are first lightly sanded, second - the stain is applied and then you use the clear coat. When he was using the clear coat - it was bubbling and looking like glue in the cracks of the logs. (It's inevitable with logs that you get "checking" which is small to medium cracks in the log.)So we stopped and we're going to contact the stain company tomorrow. I don't know if it was from being too cold or being shook up as we drove the 3 hours up north.
On a positive note, the maple flooring was installed and looks beautiful. Also, the builder selected nice 6 panel doors that look perfect in the cabin. Even the electrician made a little progress (2 switch plates and my wall sconce being installed.) I'm hoping he makes an appearance on Monday to make significant progress. I am especially looking forward to seeing how our antler chandelier will look in our dining room once it's hung. I think it's a rule that if you own a log cabin that you must have an antler chandelier as well as a deer head.