Saturday, April 12, 2008

Snow and unfinished business at the cabin







It is 32 degrees and snowing in Gaylord today! Where is spring? After I filled my bird feeders this morning, I had flocks of juncos, nuthatches and chickadees swarming them. But the lake is breaking up and we even saw a Canadian goose swimming in a small open pool of water. We spent the day shopping (to my husband's dismay) for more items for the cabin. Our fridge was delivered, we picked up some rugs (including this carpet runner pictured here in the hallway) and another bed. I've invited some friends to come up to the cabin in a few weeks so the pressure is on to get the cabin a little more complete. I'm pushing Greg to hang up the other set of blinds. This wasn't easy since last week the screws weren't cooperating and it involved a lot of swearing on his part to get the first ones up. Our lot is perfect right now for someone who wants to four wheel in some mud! Looking forward to dry weather and counting down the days till my builder's return.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow.... I'm glad we didn't get that snow. We just had rain all day.

reliv4life said...

love the runner. How fun it will be to have your first "guests"!!

Lolosblog said...

I love the runner. I am not a decorator and would never have thought to use the red like you are. It is gorgeous! Hope all goes well and I just know your guest will feel so welcome!