Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kids at the Log Cabin

Watch out - my 9 year old stepson is bringing his 2 cousins with him to our Log Cabin this weekend! This means we have to find entertaining things for them all to do. The hubby is already planning on taking them fishing and hiking. Alpenfest is also going on in Gaylord this weekend - a swiss themed event with a parade, art fair and contests such as who has the best knees (hubby won't win this one unfortunately) - yodeling contest and a bubble gum blowing contest (maybe my stepson or one of his cousins could win this!) I love small town festivals!

Now....what to feed these kids?! It's going to be a busy kitchen!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Let the kids be Lewis and Clark for day; Fish, berries and nuts--go natural and keep the kitchen clean. :)
If that doesn't work, Pizza always does.

Unknown said...

3 boys! Better watch out; they'll be swinging from the rafters in the loft!! Good luck!

Shelley said...

Jen - like the way you're thinking!

Bobbi - seriously - I bet they will!

sandy said...

Well sounds like fun to me!!

I hope you share with some pics...

Log Cabin Antiques said...

Hi Shelley,

I remember one of my son's birthday parties way back when he was a little guy. One of his wilder friends decided to scale the outside log wall where the corners meet and give almost a "stairway" to climb. He was almost to the roof when I caught him! YIKES! I am sure your boys will be angels though. Have fun!

joated said...

You're worried about what to feed 9 year-old boys? Just step back and they'll eat you out of house and home. And count your fingers after every meal.