Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Road to our log cabin



















See this road pictured above? This is one of the happiest sights to see in my life because our log cabin is located right around the bend. I live for the weekends so we can drive up to our slice of heaven. It is about a 3 hour drive from our home downstate and I feel much like a horse does when he's approaching the stable - your heart starts to beat and you want to go faster. I cannot tell you how many times I have told Greg "hurry, let's get there honey" when we're driving down our road. Then he has to remind me that he is not going to run over our neighbors on the final leg of our trip. Okay, I get it.....but can we still hurry?!

Quote for the day:

'Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.'

-Henry David Thoreau

10 comments:

Lolosblog said...

I hope to see that road some day (teehee)! But I do know how you feel! I usually get that feeling when we are coming home from a long trip and I know my MM is home waiting for me!

Patsy said...

Wonderful to come home.
Patsy

Denise said...

What a great feeling!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How exciting, Shelley---I can only imagine how it feels to finally get to that gorgeous little cabin after that 3 hour drive. Glad the roads are nice and clear. Down here in Tennessee, if it snows a 'dab'---people panic --and many streets aren't cleared. Schools are called off even if there is a 'threat' of snow!!! So funny!!!!

reliv4life said...

I LOVE the quote!!

Constance said...

I would be just as eager if I had "HOME" looming before me! What a wonderful sight!
Connie

Jen said...

This reminds me of 'It's a Wonderful Life' and George Bailey running down the snow covered street looking for home.
Great quote!

Shelley said...

Brandi - come on over!

Bennie & Patsy - I do feel like that's my real home!

Denise - absolutely!

Betsy - I've gotten a lot better driving in snowstorms as I want to go to the cabin no matter what!

Michele -thank you - me too!

Connie - I do get excited over the littlest things....

jen - that was the perfect analogy! And that is my favorite movie by the way!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so thankful that I am visiting your blog. For many years I have been buying my husband, log cabin magazines. Now, I have the privilege of visiting yours. How exciting for me! I am looking forward to reading your past and future posts. We both love the mountains even though we do not live in them. Your home is beautiful!

Shelley said...

Judy - thank you so much for coming by and your nice comments!! Please come again!